About Contact Wedding Run Healthy Eats Love, Belle Healthy Eats

9.28.2008

GEAUX TIGERS!!

Nursing school is keeping me super busy. Who would have thought? (Me)
I had a great beginning to the clinical world, and I've been exposed to a variety of patients, procedures, and personalities within the hospital.

I'm not allowed to go too much into detail due to HIPPA, but I have several great memories of my first few weeks, including my first patient who has been through it all. (Think cancer, clogged arteries resulting in cardiac bypass surgery, hip fx, etc. etc.) She was indeed the most patient and sweet person I've met thus far, considering her ailments. I've also taken care of a person of Jewish faith who was captured in the German concentration camps, and escaped in the night. That patient was also very sweet, but also in intense pain from several snowballing incidents resulting in his desire to be "with the angels".


Usually I am a very emotional person but for some reason when the patients were at their weakest, I stood strong next to them and reassured them that I would take the best care of them that I could and encouraged them to be strong.


I heart my clinical buddies! They are the best!!



Last night we had a few people over to watch college FB. Jared's team doesn't have a game until Tuesday, so he was able to invite some of his buddies, and I had a couple friends over too! It was such a good time- I made a note to do that WAY more often!!

We watched the loves of my life- (LSU TIGERS) win again!!!!!!!! Still undefeated, and moved up to #2 in the country.


Back to studying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment